My Toilet Leaks

Ha! Just kidding! I dunno what I would do if that were true! But this is a wonderful metaphor to my internship. I found out today that there are some things that end up slipping through the cracks if the nuts are screwed tight. I have a chronic case of - oh look! shiny!

The other day, I was in Wal-mart and I had a very short list of three items in my head. And as I was going towards the section that had one of the items, I veered off into the electronics section to take a look at what was new. This would have been just fine normally, but I was on a time crunch. I ended up getting two items because I couldn't remember the third until AFTER I walked out the front doors.

And today in the office, I totally forgot to include the Youth Ministry events in the article for the monthly church newsletter. I panicked until I spoke with Pastor Weber and he said that I should just write an article that says more information is coming because I realize that I hadn't even planned weekly events for September! Ahhhh!!

Youth Ministers are saints. I don't know if I would be able to handle this without the wonderful support of several people in my life. The supportive staff at Redeemer Lutheran Church, my mother, and my girlfriend have all helped me the past month to come up with children's messages and youth activities as well as names for youth nights. I appreciate you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment