Why do youth ministry?

Reflecting on my experience with my field work congregation of Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church in Plymouth, MN; I have realized why I want to do youth ministry. There is a sense of vulnerability with youth that you don't necessarily find in adults. There are exceptions to some adults as well as to some youth; however, for the most part youth are striving to learn and challenge what they have been taught.

It is so easy to teach somebody who is willing to learn. The reality is that I will not be teaching just youth. I will teach lifespan learning and that intimidates me because there are several adults who are very set in their beliefs. This should not be an excuse for me to not minister to them however.

I guess I am preparing myself for a long journey in the ministry and mission of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment