Baby King

Tis almost the season.  The anticipation has kind of been hard for me this year in particular.  It seems that with all the hustle and bustle of working in a church hasn't given me much time to really reflect on what a miracle this season brings forth.  As I think about this King that was foretold before time itself and with all the passages talking about this King.  Such as Isaiah 9:6 as is read every year:

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

When I read this, I think of this all-powerful supreme being who is going to come and make everything right and all the wrong doers are going to be trumped by this King.  I was fully prepared to read about this King descending down from Heaven in all His splendor.  And then I find out that it was a baby...

Maybe this is sac-relig but I can totally picture Family Guy doing a spoof on the Christmas story.  Mainly because it is so unexpected!  But the greatest thing is, God works best outside of our expectations!  Here is this baby born of this 14 year old virgin girl and we all know how babies are.  They are kind of dependent upon their parents for everything.  I wonder what was going through Mary's mind when she was feeding God.  Like God probably could have fed His own Son if He wanted to.  However, that is the greatest part!

Though Jesus was utterly dependent upon Mary and Joseph, and being able to prevent all other people who threatened Jesus' life from taking it is truly the Christmas miracle!

So as we prepare for this Christmas season, all praise be to baby Jesus, the perfect King of the World!

No comments:

Post a Comment