Bike Ride

So last night turned out to be a very adventurous night. Brandon wanted to get my bike fixed up because I left it in the snow last season and the chain was all rusted up. We put a new chain on it and then decided to take it for a test ride. So Justin, Brandon and myself went down to the river and then biked along the river to University and then took the longest uphill climb I have ever done in my life and I haven't been in shape since freshmen year of college. It was really difficult and my lungs were screaming at me to stop, but I kept on pushing. By the time I got back to the house, I was ready to collapse.

This little experience gave me the most restful nights sleep I think that I have had in a long time. Not to make a cheesy parallel, but this bike ride was a lot like my faith the past couple days. The only difference is that once I got back "in shape," I wasn't ready to collapse, I was ready to run a marathon. I was ready to stand up for my beliefs. Against all odds. It makes me think that every once in a while it's okay to be a little "out of shape" with faith, because if you aren't, we can become to be nostalgic. We begin to make it routine and not at all extravagant like it is.

Tonight I was supposed to go on a leisurely bike ride with a friend, but sky is looking dark and rain is beginning to pour. Maybe we should go riding anyways, just like faith, we shouldn't throw down the towel when it gets dark and glim. Okay, I'm done with the cheesy parallels.

Off to another day, oh, and ironically the verse that God threw at my face this morning was Isaiah 40:31: "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will sore on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, walk and not faint." Maybe the next time I get on my bike to go for a ride, God will give me the strength to not grow weary; however, I might still come up winded...

No comments:

Post a Comment